An assembly manual by Burningfp.
1. You will need:
2 sheets good quality A4 paper (150 gsm is good)
1 piece of recycled cardboard (Stella beer box card is thin and strong)
2 standard staples
Scissors, ruler, pencil and stapler.
2. Fold the paper in half, then fold back the other way, this then should make it easy to tear in half with a neat edge.
3. Repeat so, in the end, each sheet bears 4 strips.
4. Repeat on the other sheet so you end up with 8 strips.
5. Fold them all together in half, making booklet.
6. Make sure that crease is nice and sharp.
7. Using the booklet as a guide measure out a rectangle on the card to act as a cover. Give it an extra 5mm in width and 10mm in length to accommodate the edges and spine thickness.
8. Cut out the ****ing card.
9. Making sure the edges are equal fold the cover around the booklet.
10. Using a thick carpet or plasticine as a base push two staple through the spine. Turn the book over and carefully bend the staples over as they should be, but use a tool, like a knife or something so you don’t damage your beautiful fingers.
11. You can even cut the corners rounded just to look classy.
12. Bingo, it’s flexible so will fit nicely in a back pocket, and is the perfect receptacle for notes on your next novel, concepts of social theory, life sketching, mind maps, crudely drawn genitalia etc etc.
(If this is a bit low rent for you, may I recommend the excellent Linda Boucher’s elegantly decorated actual moleskines available here.)
(cross posted from my tumblr)