- Demophon shivered when the sun shone upon him. (Lover of darkness = ignorance.)
- Inhabitants of Zinge, over whom the star Canopus rises every night, are always gay and without sorrow. [x]
- The shores of Attica respond in song to the waves of the Aegean. [x]
- Horror Story
Man dreams of falling—found on floor mangled as tho’ from falling from a vast height. [x]
- Narrator walks along unfamiliar country road,—comes to strange region of the unreal.
- In Ld Dunsany’s “Idle Days on the Yann”
The inhabitants of the antient Astahan, on the Yann, do all things according to antient ceremony. Nothing new is found.
- “Here we have fetter’d and manacled Time, who wou’d otherwise slay the Gods.” [x] Horror Story
The sculptured hand—or other artificial hand—which strangles its creator. [x]
- Hor. Sto.
Man makes appt. with old enemy. Dies—body keeps appt.
- Dr. Eben Spencer plot. [x]
- Dream of flying over city. [Celephaïs]
Lovecraft’s Commonplace Book